Buffalo Soy Curls Salad | Vegan Buffalo Chicken Salad
This Buffalo Soy Curls Salad adds a kick to mealtimes. It’s delicious, easy to make, and filled with plant-based goodness! The soy curls, which can be air fried, pan-fried or baked, are tossed in a simple buffalo sauce. This Vegan Buffalo Chicken salad combines lettuce, carrots, celery, onion, and avocado and is topped with a creamy vegan ranch dressing.
No need to miss your old buffalo chicken salad anymore! This Buffalo Soy Curls Salad will leave your taste buds happy.
This is another recipe (like my Ranch Pasta Salad) that I’ve come up with to show that you don’t have to give up all your favorite foods when going vegan, all you have to do is sub some tasty plant-based alternatives.
- Are Soy Curls Healthy?
- Where Can I Buy Soy Curls?
- How Do You Make Buffalo Sauce From Scratch?
- How Do You Make the Soy Curls?
- What else can I do with the vegan Buffalo chicken strips?
- Other Veganized Favorite Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Are Soy Curls Healthy?
As I explained in my Best Soy Curls Recipes post, soy curls are non-GMO and grown without chemical pesticides.
Soy curls are not like those faux meats made out of soy protein isolates. They are dehydrated strips soy protein of made out of whole, non-GMO soybeans that are cooked, broken into strands, and then dried.
Where Can I Buy Soy Curls?
I purchase my soy curls online on Amazon but I’ve also found them at my local health food store. I’ve heard other people say they found them at their Whole Foods but I haven’t seen them at mine.
Another option is to order them directly from their manufacturer, Butler Foods.
How Do You Make Buffalo Sauce From Scratch?
Vegan Buffalo sauce is easy to make! All you need is 3 (or 4) ingredients! Simply add these ingredients to a saucepan and heat:
- hot sauce
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- vegan butter (optional)
The vegan butter is optional. I enjoy a little fat in the sauce to make it tasty but it’s not necessary. Miyoko’s brand is one of my favorite vegan butters because it’s made with all whole-food ingredients.
How Do You Make the Soy Curls?
There are 3 ways to cook the soy curls depending on what time of equipment you have or what you feel like doing that day.
- Air Fry Them – this is my favorite way to enjoy these soy curls. I love how crispy they get when they’re air-fried. When using an air fryer, “fry” the soy curls for 5 minutes on 380 degrees. Shake the basket, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Bake Them– when baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover baking pan with some oil and bake soy curls for 15 minutes flipping them halfway through.
- Pan Fry Them – when pan-frying, add 1-2 TB of oil to a pan and fry until crispy.
After cooking, pour on that beautiful hot sauce and enjoy on top of your salad!
What else can I do with the vegan Buffalo chicken strips?
If salad isn’t your thing or you just want to switch things up a bit, you can use the vegan Buffalo soy curls in: